WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE A SERIOUS STEP IN YOUR LIFE AND BECOME A MUSLIM?
It might be best if you get to visit your local Islamic center. They should be a great help for you with regard to what to do next, what to eat, what not to eat and how to do the daily prayers. At the end of this page, you will find links to sites that help you locate the nearest Masjid (Masjed- Masged) a Muslim temple, worshipping place or an Islamic organization in your area.
Meanwhile, here are a few important articles we hope they would be a good help for you:
· How to become a Muslim; A brochure by: Islamic Education Foundation in Jaddah.
· Your first serious step, the testimony of faith: The Prerequisites of the Declaration of Faith, by; Jamaal al-Din Zarabozo
· Ghusl (the full ablution or bath) your first practical step into Islam: This is the first thing a Muslim should do after he/she said the testimony of faith. New converts to Islam must perform ghusl. Abu Hurairah reported that Thumamah al-Hanafi was captured. The Prophet, upon whom be peace, passed by him and said, "What do you have to say for yourself, O Thumamah?" He said, "If you kill me, you would be killing a relative. If you give me a bounty (set me free), I would be thankful. If you want wealth (as a ransom), we can give you what you wish." The companions of the Prophet preferred the ransom and said, "What would we get if we killed him?" One time when the Prophet passed by him, he finally embraced Islam. The Prophet, upon whom be peace, untied him and told him to go to the garden of Abu Talhah and perform ghusl. He performed ghusl and prayed two rak'ah. The Prophet said, "Indeed, your brother became a fine Muslim." This hadith is related by Ahmad. There is also a source for the story in reports by al-Bukhari and Muslim.
· Ablution (Wudu'); Taken from: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, by; Sayyid Saabiq.
· Introduction and general thoughts about prayers; Taken from: Fiqh-us-Sunnah
· The number and times of obligatory prayers; Taken from: fiqh-us-sunnah
· Prerequisites of the Prayer: Taken from: Fiqh-us-Sunnah
· Obligatory acts of prayer; Taken from: Fiqh-us-Sunnah
· Sunnah acts of prayer; Taken from: Fiqh-us-Sunnah
· Helpful transliterations: Some suggested transliterations to help you perform your prayers.
· Basics of Islam: A good book for a new Muslim covering prayers, Fasting and the pilgrimage trip. (We suggest this book because it covers more than just the prayers)
· A Simple Guide to Prayer (Read by Yusuf Islam) 2-tape set This two tape set provides a basic introduction to salah (prayer) for both newcomers to Islam and those wishing refresh their basic knowledge of prayer.
Other articles that are important for a new Muslim:
· Review the pillars of Islam; just in case you need to review the five pillars of Islam.
· Brief introduction and links to read the Holy Quran (Koran or Kuran)
We would love to hear (read…!) from you
Let us know how are you doing, feel free to ask any questions; email@example.com
We hope our site was well informing, but just in case, we leave you with some suggested sites to take a look at;
· Quran for Hafazat Al-Quran: A web site to help you with memorizing the Quran.
Find prayer times or the nearest Islamic center or a Masjid (Masjed- Masged) a Muslim temple, worshipping place or an Islamic organization in your area:
· First site: www.islamicfinder.org/
· Second site: http://islamicity.com/orgs/
Don’t forget us in your Dua'a (supplication) and let us know how things are going with you: